Friday, July 8, 2011

Longing for a break



The usual spring in my step gives way to a lethargic drag. I bribe myself to get up from the bed every Monday morning and immediately begin to count hours to the next weekend!

Yearnings for a place never before visited...dreams of long rainy/overcast days stretched out like the unending sky...hands itching to reach out to the piles of newly bought unread books...July usually does that to me! 


Out of the many self realizations that have been off late making their presence felt this one hits home hard..!! Whatever happened to the girl who could go months and even years without so much as a blink or a nudge for a break? Now I need a vacation every quarter (well at least once every two quarters!)..

The need to get away gets stronger each week - I am drawing up lists of places that I have visited and want to go again, the ones that I have never been to and the lists keep getting longer every time. 

..a little more time...commitment at work calls..but till then I try to keep my head above the water with memories of holidays past...









11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Me too :) Tilak

Swati said...

Hello!! Your life is one long vacation in the most exotic places in the world!! Think of poort us!! :)

Anonymous said...

agree with Swati! 100%:-))
btw, you will proud of my camera skills....ahem

Ethereous Muser said...

@Tilak - :)) we must exchange notes!
@ Swati - Plead guilty but you know its not a real vacation till it is christened as one! :P
@Rimz - Oh I am proud alright! Am noticing how my company is making a brill shutterbug out of you! Post the pics on Flickr or Picasa.

Kriti said...

I couldn't agree with your sentiments Sonia... do next time you are packing those bags will you please give me a holler : )?

Ethereous Muser said...

Kriti - but of course. Considering most of my plans are impromptu, I suggest you keep a bag ready and handy, my friend! :))

sukanya said...

you have an award waiting for you sista http://sukanyabora.wordpress.com/2011/07/13/ahem/
...come pick it up...

Rachit said...

Hey, same here.. Its hard to leave bed after those fun-filed weekends :)

Weakest LINK

Anonymous said...

You've got some awesome photographs with equally brilliant write-ups. Pleasure to go through your blog!

Ethereous Muser said...

@Rachit - Agree ;)

Ethereous Muser said...

Thanks Eva! You made my day!