Monday, June 13, 2011

Windmills

I chanced upon this sight on my way to Salzburg (Austria) on a recent trip to this beautiful tiny city............

Windmills
....and was instantly reminded of Sidney Sheldon's 1987 thriller novel Windmills of the Gods. Though the plot of that thriller was far removed from this picturesque scene in front of my eyes..I hung onto that phrase and, as is my nature, relapsed into another happy fantasy!!

This shot was taken from a moving bus across the hazy fiber glass window - you can perhaps guess that from the smudges across the picture specially visible on the clouds.

No photo shop needed as the picture itself was created by a much superior power - I seemed only like an instrument doing his bidding.

Camera - Nikon D 90
Exposure 1/1250s, 50 mm, f/5.6, ISO 200

5 comments:

Kriti said...

Well done Sonia!

The Dilli Mirror said...

that is am awesome shot for a moving bus and even otherwise and thanks for sharing the settings!

Ethereous Muser said...

Thanks Kriti and Rimz :)

Ethereous Muser said...

@ The Dilli Mirror - thank you!

Swati said...

Super stuff!!!