Tuesday, August 2, 2011

The Quest

Stumbling my way through an insipid existence I always felt the need for a Manual to life. Where all others seem to be doing it effortlessly, even pretending to enjoy the experience, for me living appeared to be a chore that simply had to be done. 

Looking back...that was a million years ago..I am thankful for those moments of constant questioning and the occasional languid season of reckless living. For those were my moments of being born...the soul signaling the I for all that was to come and learn.

"Your task is not to seek for love, but merely to seek and find all the barriers within yourself that you have built against it." — Rumi


Rapture!
What some see as my adventurous life, is a quest for finding the answers that began many moons ago in another lifetime. I am happy that the trail has led me to new discoveries both within and without. The quest continues....

Soria Moria by Theodor Kittelsen (a painting depicting a famous Norwegian folklore)
My perception of the self keeps changing with my most recent experiences but as of today, I most identify the self with this character out of the Norwegian folklore!





8 comments:

sulekkha said...

love reading about your journey and am happy for you. Great post...

Ethereous Muser said...

Thanks Sulekha. Quite self absorbed, aren't I? ;)

Kshitij said...

Great painting! Master strokes of colors and a finely woven fabric of words woven around it

Ethereous Muser said...

Thanks Kshitij - my dark knight!

sukanya said...

keep the quest in you strong, my friend.

Kriti said...

Beautifully said Sonia! I love to read your posts.

Ethereous Muser said...

Rimz - love you babes!

Ethereous Muser said...

Thanks Kriti. I try to put words around the spinning in my head..hope it makes sense!