Saturday, September 11, 2010

Rain


It is raining in Delhi like it has never rained before - at least not in the last sixteen years that it has been my home. It begins with a light drizzle, builds up to a full on thunderstorm and simply lashes itself on the poor unsuspecting delhities throughout the day. The only things that seem inordinately happy are my plants!!

My terrace is alive with potted plants that look washed and bathed and finally seem to be breathing once again after the scorch and dullness of the summer heat. They appear to be dancing to the tune of the rain dance and I am almost sure that I could hear their cheerful chatter if I would listen close enough. I found this particular bunch of leaves so eager to be captured by my camera this morning..the drizzle had not yet started and they appeared all made up and pretty as you please..couldn't resist ...ah the little pleasures of life!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

not dure why my id is showing up as 89 class reunion...rimz

Anonymous said...

Yo, that's a really nice piece, and the pic looks real and almost 3-dimensional! I am happy too if it rains, especially if I don't need to go out.... Tiluck.