Thursday, September 9, 2010

Prankster

I have fuzzy memories of my childhood..long walks home from an aunt's with my grandfather..moonlit balmy nights in small town north India...the cherished ice cream cone treats on a summer afternoon..long winded fairy tale evenings with grandmom....an average Indian childhood for an average Indian girl child...

..but some memories are vividly implanted in a corner of the brain, usually reserved for thoughts best forgotten..one such is of a street urchin who chose to inhabit the locality and would play pranks on us young girls - we would run away from his mere sight..frightened and screaming... leaving him full of glee and reveling in his success!

abandoned!
Thinking about him later in life I was never sure if he really existed or was a figment of my imagination ....until...I saw him the other day at a busy intersection in New Delhi...and as if just to prove his existence he agreed to be clicked...

No comments: