Tuesday, March 19, 2013

surakṣita yātrā

Its good to be back after what appears to be a hiatus of sorts..no teetering over in agony...no struggle for words...! Have been off the road for a little less than a month but the bug bites yet again ...and how?! ...the plans in place, all ready for the next trip..but meanwhile life goes on..

Last weekend, friend Kriti Mukherjee of Social Potpourri invites me for a meet up with a Business Potpourrian, SafetyKart

Keeping my expectations in the bottom drawer, I gingerly agree to go..I imagine mundane humdrum and prepare myself for jaw aching forced conversations...much anticipating the wine and cheese..ahem!


Stepping in ~ am instantly drawn to a familiar searchlight lookalike contraption.."its our best seller Multi Functional Car Safety Tool" says the genial host, Vikas Bagaria of Safetykart.com, apparently the contraption includes Safety Hammer for breaking the glass in emergency, Blade for cutting the seat belt,  Red Flash light for Alert, Compass, Emergency charger for mobile phones and digital products. Intrigued by the possibilities I ask for specific features and am told that the power is generated through crank dynamo (no need for external adapters), the tool boasts of a FM radio, LED lights, blink & siren for an emergency, magnets that can cling to the car roof for flash light alert and an inbuilt USB! I am wow'ed! Here is an environment friendly product that captures the imagination of the traveller in me...



Vikas and his team sense people beginning to gravitate towards their display board un-bidding and chip in to tell us more about their other flagship products. One can also check them out at safetykart on FB

Am so wishing I had their memory card holder on that trip to Ladakh..where we were scrambling to keep all those precious memories safe, or that miner's light that straps onto your forehead as one climbs a mountain or bikes across the terrain..I like what I see, promising to immediately buy that much needed pencil pepper spray (now that I am resigned to stay in my abominable adopted city)! Needless to say, my travel gear would soon boast of a number of these items and none too soon..

Till the next wave strikes....

(c) Sonia Kapoor













5 comments:

Kriti said...

Thanks Sonia! They really do have a host of brilliant stuff for the those infected with the travel bug!

Vikas said...

Thanks Sonia for the Blog.
I use a lot of safetykart products myself whenever I am travelling. And I am looking forward for some PhotoWalk with your group. Keep me posted. Cheers.

Manjulika Pramod said...

There is actually lot of interesting stuff
@ Safetykart that would help to make traveling hassle-free and more safe..

sulekkha said...

Sonia, i loved the car safety tool too. It is all-in-one in car safety. Great post.

Ethereous Muser said...

Ordered my first safetykart product...waiting for the delivery!