Monday, October 11, 2010

Frames

A self acclaimed photographer, I constantly find myself attracted to frames...to people too...but I like frames..doors..., window panes..., arches..you get the drift..here are a couple that recently caught my attention...



Now some of my philosophical friends may try to interpret me with these...like dreams.....if I click more doors that open towards me than the ones that turn away from me  - does that signify that I am self obsessed?? ....no mystery there!! ....as anyone who knows me for half a minute will say ..:))


....this one was interesting...and before you start getting any ideas - this isn't I with my significant other or anyone I know...this was a couple who were actually having a major argument (from what I could make out with my limited knowledge of marathi and a lot of guess work)...but anyone who looks at them in this picture would hardly guess that....quite the contrary!.......that's the power of an image for you!






..continuing with doors....








there are some that are inviting......





....and some that make you respect their privacy....


some  frames create a boundary in anticipation of something...give the inner space a meaning for what goes on inside its sanctum...urges the viewer to imagine the life that goes on within its sphere...


....and then there are spaces which do not need a boundary to define them...limitless yet definitive...pure sanctuaries..created by nature....


...what's your fancy?

No comments: